Join us in Honoring our Heritage, Saturday, September 17, 2022, 10:00 AM to 4:00 PM
Opening ceremony: 10:00 at La Mott Community Center, 7420 Sycamore Ave., La Mott, 19027
We will remember the 1863 establishment of the USCT and CWP, the 160th anniversaries of the Battle of Antietam, the Allegheny Arsenal Explosion as well as Harriet Tubman’s 200th. Note too, that it is Constitution Day.
- Visit USCT encampment
- Visit Camp William Penn Museum
- Living History Demonstrations including ammunition making
- Civil War Medical and Surgical instrument ‘show and tell’
- Book signings, Lectures, Period Music, Films
- La Mott History display
- Civil War games and activities
- Visit graves of CWP soldiers at Philadelphia National Cemetery
- Local history organizations with tabletop displays and information
Closing ceremony: 3:45 at Flagpole (corner Sycamore and Willow)
Camp William Penn, located in what is now modern day La Mott, was the first and largest Federal training site for colored soldiers during the Civil War.
Note: Volunteers needed for help in all aspects of this event; some starting now and some the day of the event. Ideas and suggestions are also welcome. If you are able to help or participate, please use contact information below.
Telephone: (215) 885-2258